HOLY NAME PARISH COUNCIL
In the month of October, the Church begins the Year of Faith. It’s to ask us to look at the strength and knowledge of our own faith, and to see how much we witness it to others. On Thursday 11 Oct at 7.30pm our Parish Council will again be discussing what we can do in Holy Name; all suggestions welcome.
Our re-formed Parish Council met on Thursday 3rd May - we’ll try to present a fuller account of the meeting soon.
Among the topics discussed were:
- request for help in keeping church grounds tidy;
- inviting youth to be part of reader and music groups;
- the formation of a group to help in welcoming those who are new to the parish, and
- an Ecumenical group relating to other churches.
Want to be inlvoved?
We want you to feel that it operates on your behalf, and that you can submit topics for discussion. If so jot it down on a note and put it, say, into the collection pouch at Mass.
This newly-formed group met again last week with ten present. They discussed the areas such a group would oversee;
- Prayer and Liturgy;
- Formation in catechesis and teaching;
- building it and events; and
- Mission, with messengers, outreach to non-Catholics and to the lapsed.
Chairperson - Moira O’Hara,
Vice Chair - Christine Johnston;
Secretary - Tricia Glancy.
We’ll be inviting you to offer points to discuss, and to let you know afterwards what is discussed.